Financial Policies of 88.3 The Journey®
We believe the stewardship of our God-given resources is a divine calling. Your gifts to this ministry, as an individual or an Business Partner, are carefully dispensed in the operation of this ministry.
1. The Journey® will conduct the ministry of the station centered on the belief that God is the ultimate source for meeting all of our needs and that God primarily uses faithful listeners as His instruments to meet those needs as individuals and through their businesses as Impact Partners.
2. The Journey® will encourage its listeners to give financially to the station and will provide opportunities for listeners to do so with our annual Sharathon and Friend Raiser, as well as online giving through our website and with very occasional direct mail appeals for special projects and activities.
3. Because The Journey believes that financial resources should be given responsibly and by faith, The Journey® will never attempt to manipulate or coerce listeners to give nor will it encourage the use of methods of giving that could potentially cause a listener to give irresponsibly.
4. The Journey® is committed to “need-based” giving and thus will communicate particular needs to the listeners prior to requesting that listeners provide financial resources to the station.
5. Because The Journey® is primarily a listener-supported ministry, we'll show its appreciation to those who support the ministry by, among other things, sending the giving listener meaningful communication regarding the listener’s financial support and by providing the listener with a regular record of their giving.
6. Because The Journey® desires transparency and accountability to its listeners, we will report to listeners how it uses funds given to support the ministry, and The Journey will discourage the establishment of any funding source or plan that would result in the station losing control over the operation of the ministry or accountability to its listeners.